A down-home country breakfast

We took a trip last month to Kentucky and on the first night we stayed at a Charming Bed and Breakfast called Country Girl at Heart Farm in Munfordville (close to Horse Cave and Cave City in Kentucky's Cave Country.) The eco-friendly home was once an Amish farmhouse and guests have the opportunity to pitch in with farm chores like feeding horses, gathering eggs and gardening if they'd like. My kids were all over it. They had a ball gathering eggs and feeding carrots to the horses. At night, we had cookies and tea for a snack, the next morning we had a big breakfast that included the following:



Fresh fruit - including locally picked blueberries.


Chocolate chip pancakes, which my boys devoured.
There were also blueberry pancakes.


I think she told us this was apple chicken sausage? It was tasty.


Scrambled eggs, fresh from the farm.


This was my plate. I ate every bite. Then she brought out...


Homemade banana bread. I was too full to have any. I meant to ask for a piece to go and forgot. It looked and smelled delicious.

Great meal and great accomodations! If you're ever in the area or heading south through Kentucky from the Chicago area, consider spending some time there. It's not far of I-65, but far enough to feel like you're a world away.


Comments