Nelson's: Home of the best reuben ever


We spent this afternoon in Michigan, first stopping for lunch at Nelson's Saloon in Three Oaks. That's where we often stop to eat because I'm crazy about the Reuben sandwiches. It's nothing fancy...typical bar food, but believe me -- Best. Reuben. Ever.

P.S. It's large...my husband and I shared one today. This was my half. :)

After lunch, we drove over to the next town, Galien, because they were having the annual Pioneer Days. We popped in to check out the tractor show and car show, then took a ride on a covered wagon. We had a few minutes to spare before the parade started, so we went in to Aidan's Place for ice cream cones. It opened in June, which we were happy to see since on our last trip through, the place looked completely deserted. It's a cute little place serving pizza, sandwiches and ice cream. The boys had scoops of blue moon. :) I tried a malt. Good stuff!

Comments