I'm on a crock pot kick -- and making it up as I go along!

I've been using my crock pot quite a bit lately. My husband got a nice Kenmore one for me last Christmas. At first I wasn't so thrilled with getting a kitchen appliance for a Christmas present, but I love it. I use it all the time. My husband took my old one to work (the firehouse) in case they wanted to use it there sometime. Yesterday I made him retrieve it and bring it home because I had ribs in the crock pot and wanted to also make some crock pot dessert - cherry cobbler.

Anyway, today I made some pork chops. I often make up my own stuff as I go along rather than following recipes. So, I pulled out the pork chops and rubbed in some seasoning...really couldn't tell you everything that went on it. I just went through the spice cabinet and threw on a little of this and a little of that - I love Market Day spices and put some of those on there with some garlic salt, paprika, basil, salt, pepper. Then I remembered a citrus-y recipe I saw recently with orange juice. I wondered if it would clash with the spices I just put on. I figured I try anyway. Then I remembered I had these apricot preserves I'd picked up at the Italian market.


I took about 6 ounces of the apricot preserves and about a cup of orange juice. I stirred it together in a bowl and then spread it on top of the chops. I put a little water on the bottom of the crock pot. Here's what it looked like after that step:


And here's what it looked like when it was done. It had great flavor and was super tender!

Comments