Peotone Bierstube offers variety of German Specialties

I've mentioned in posts before how much I adore German food. I was introduced to it when I first started dating my husband. His father is originally for Berlin. Once in a while, we head out for lunch to get a taste of some schnitzel and sausages at the Peotone Bierstube. I always start off my meal with potato pancakes, accompanied by sour cream and applesauce. I always order my favorite, wiener schnitzel, with a side of fried potatoes and some red cabbage and wash it down with the smallest glass of Warsteiner, Hoffbrau or another imported German Beer as I can. When my husband's aunt visited from Germany, we went there for lunch. It's kind of funny, when I think about it. She probably would have preferred more American fare, but there were no complaints. She said it was pretty good compared to what she has back home. Didn't have any food pics from our last trip, but here's our group in the dining room. Be sure to give them a try if you're fond of German food!

Comments