There's no shame in shortcuts

Sometimes when I make something and get compliments, I'm ashamed to admit that I took shortcuts. I feel like I cheated. I'm doing away with that mentality. No matter how I made it, if someone likes it, my job was well done. And if I was able to shave off fifteen minutes of prep time, shouldn't it make me feel smart rather than shameful?


Whenever we have a family get-together one of the dishes I bring is this mac and cheese casserole. I have five kids, plus there are always nieces and nephews there who love mac and cheese. There's even a niece's fiance who is my age who always digs into this first. :) Talk about easy peasy. As my mom would say, it's just "doctored up" a bit.

2 boxes of Kraft Thick and Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

Prepare as directed and put in a casserole dish. Add a half cup of shredded cheese blend (whatever flavor you prefer) and mix in with macaroni. Top with another half cup of cheese and sprinkle with some Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts and starts to brown. The kids and grown-ups will be reaching for it...and probably for seconds.

Comments