You can do so much with pulled pork

One of my favorite easy meals to make when I know I won't have much time to prepare dinner is pulled pork. You just throw it in a crock pot with some liquid and a few hours later, it's done. Pull it out and it shreds so easily. On the one above, I used a pork tenderloin from Market Day. I love to use them because the meat is good quality and I get three in a box, so it goes a long way. The pic above was a small tenderloin weighing less than a pound. I put a little water in the bottom of the crock and some barbecue sauce on top. I don't go heavy on the sauce. I figure more can be added later. I just want enough liquid and sauce to make it really tender and this works. These made some awesome pulled pork sandwiches.

You don't have to use it just for pulled pork sandwiches, though. I've done pulled pork for tacos. I've added it to fried rice. I've put it over noodles. I've put it in a crescent roll with cheese and baked it. You can use it in soup. I plan to make another this week and do pork tostados. Can't wait. What else do you make with pulled pork?

Comments