You'll find some great goodies at Capri Imports

Years ago, I stumbled across a lovely little store in the Galleria Building in Dyer, IN after getting my kids' hair cut. After usually entering through the front door of Pigtails and Crewcuts, I ended up one day parking in the back and entering on the lower level. As I was waiting for the elevator, I couldn't help but be swept away by a wonderful aroma. We were running late for the appointment, so up we went, but I couldn't get that smell to escape my nose. So, on the way back out of the building, I stepped into this little shop and fell in love. An adorable Italian couple run the place. Antionetta greeted me with that sparkling smile and in Italian fashion, talked with her hands, which did help interpret for me a bit as she has a thick Italian accent -- a super charming one. I asked her if she cooked meals there as I was curious about the wonderful smell. She said "Oh, no...dats a da sauce!" :) I got a container of her homemade sauce and I can hardly bring myself to open a can of Ragu any more. It's a bit of a drive, but it's worth making to get some of Antionetta's homemade sauce. 

I now stop in there every time we go for a haircut and I pick up other goodies, like tiramisu, bread, sauces, peppers, capers, cookies, candies, pastas and other wonderful imported foods. If you happen to be in that neighborhood, be sure to stop in for some sauce and additional goodies.




Comments

Post a Comment