Apricot preserves create great glaze for pork chops

In sorting though digital pictures I came across these from a few months back, but I was reminded of the wonderful taste produced by this apricot jam from one of my favorite little stores, Capri Imports in Dyer. I slathered it on some pork chops, placed them in my crock pot and added a little water to cover the bottom of the pot. Turned it on high for about 3 hours and the results were delicious!

Pretty much any citrus jam or salsa works well for this and it works well with chicken, also. Last summer while out at an apple farm, I got a jars of some locally made jellies and jams. I also got a jar of peach and vidalia onion salsa. I put it in the crock pot with some chicken. It made a beautiful meal that I served over white rice.



Comments