Strawberry glazed pie

After we left the field and paid for all our strawberries at Johnson's Farm Market, we were given a coupon for $5 of off $20 to use in the store. I went in thinking it was stocked with lots of fruit and veggies and thought I'd go looking for some rhubarb and other veggies. Well, unless there was more to the place than the room I was looking in, it was more garden center than vegetable stand with lots of gorgeous flowers, but not a lot in the way of veggies. I picked out some potatoes, grabbed some shortcakes, got a couple bottles of strawberry soda and still had to spend almost $10 more to use the coupon, so I grabbed some packs of glaze for making pies. I've never used a glaze before. I usually stir the fruit in a bowl with sugar and flour, add a top crust and bake. And I did do that - and made a strawberry/blueberry pie. Then I made two pies with a pack of this Concord Foods strawberry glaze. According to the instructions, one pack goes on one pie, but it seemed like way too much for one pie. I split it up and put it on two and it was plenty.

So, a bucket of these

Plus a package of this


Equaled this:


And everyone gave it a thumbs up.


Comments

  1. Not much sweeter in life than strawberries! Looks delicious! Found you on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy! I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award check it out! http://europeancutie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment