Chicken tacos

I know I've posted before on taco dinners. Tacos are something we have probably every week in our house. Sometimes they are made with beef, sometimes pork and I've tried fish or shrimp, but most often we have been having chicken tacos lately. Making the meat is so easy because you just put it in the crock pot. You can start with frozen chicken breasts. I add either some seasoning and water or a jar of salsa. Put it on high for about 4 hours or on slow for maybe 6 hours and you've got a pot of meat that just falls apart. Just grab a fork and you can shred it very easily.

I've also changed up the toppings quite a bit. It used to be cheese, lettuce an tomato. Now I switch up the cheeses and I might add white or green onion and I add avocado quite a bit. Sometimes I'll add corn or a corn and black bean blend. Sometimes I make homemade salsa and put that on top. Trader Joe's Shredded Swiss & Gruyere is a great topping and I also love to crumble up some queso fresco in place of shredded cheddar.

What do you like on your tacos?




Comments