Sweet & Meaty Chili

A while back I had a recipe for Tomato Florentine Soup featured on Hunt's Facebook Page and I got a nice prize package in the mail with several flavors of Hunt's tomatoes. I used a few cans recently on a pot of chili.

This pot had a bit of a sweet taste when it was finished, which must have come from the can of diced green pepper, celery & onion variety. I really liked it. I don't do spicy chili often unless I'm making it specifically for my husband and the one son who likes hot stuff.

2 pounds ground round
2 cans Hunt's Diced Green Pepper, Celery & Onion
1 can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes in Sauce
1 can mild chili beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1/4 diced yellow onion
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. paprika
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Ground beef with diced onion. Drain. Add spices, tomatoes and beans (drain and rinse kidney beans.) Let simmer about 30 minutes. The results are delicious! :)




Comments

Post a Comment