Chili for when it gets chilly

We're now into season where there's really no light at the end of the tunnel. All we know is it is going to keep getting colder. Not my favorite season. I'm starting to understand why so many people head to Florida and Arizona from November through April. I wouldn't mind doing the same. Once it gets below 50 degrees, I pretty much don't want to leave my house. But, I have to almost every day. So, for those days when I'm in and out of the car freezing my bottom off, it's nice to come home and get a pot of chili going. No two batches of my chili are every really the same. Here's what went into the latest batch:

1 lb. ground beef
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cans diced, seasoned tomatoes
1 can mild chili beans
1 can dark red kidney beans

Seasonings:
Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute
Black Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
Sea Salt
Oregano
Basil
Chili Powder
Garlic salt
Paprika

Brown the ground beef with onions and peppers and seasonings. Drain. Add tomatoes and bean and simmer for about 20 minutes. I like to serve mine with a little shredded cheese on top and some oyster crackers. 



Comments